My love for cooking has grown so much in the past few years, and one of my favorite things to hear from my kids is when they compliment the meal I made for them. Cooking can be a welcome distraction from a long day and when too many things pull at my time and attention. And honestly, I’m burnt out on eating out, after so many moves, times without a kitchen, it is so nice to spend time making a meal. Hopefully this series will evolve, but keeping it short & simple for this first post.
*Indicates a recipe note!
March Dinner Menu: Week One
- Monday: Steak + Zucchini Corn Fritters + Whipped Spicy Feta *
- Tuesday: Lemon Pasta + Garlic Bread *
- Wednesday: Green Enchiladas + Red Rice
- Thursday: Loaded Sweet Potatoes
- Friday: Pinto Bean Tostadas
- Saturday: Soccer Tournament – Eat Out
- Sunday: Soccer Tournament – Eat Out
- Whipped Spicy Feta – I do half the amount of feta + add greek yogurt and whip in the food processor.
- Garlic Bread – I purchase a baguette from Publix for this! Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, grab a square of foil, toss a few cloves of garlic & olive oil in, and roast for 5-10 minutes until the garlic is soft/browning. Then I mix butter and the roasted garlic, spread onto a baguette, and bake for 5-8 minutes until golden. It’s DELICIOUS and super easy/inexpensive.